8/21/2014

Quinoawokki / Quinoa stir fry


So first of all, I've decided to write only English on my blog from this day. Why? Because I find it easier and it's a good way of learning more English. And just because most of the people in the world speak English, I suppose. You can still find the recipes in Finnish though.
So the idea of making this quinoa-thingy came across my mind when we had leftover quinoa in our fridge. I was planning to make a noodle stir fry, but I thought the same recipe would go well with quinoa too. And boy was it great! Enough saltness, flavors and colors. Just perfect for a light dinner. Vegan dinner, if you prefer it so. 
Yesterday, there was a hockey game in my hometown. The States vs. Porvoo Hunters. It was a world-class thing for my team and me. Of course we were giving them high fives and screaming when they scored. It was so much fun!
I wonder if they're still in the hoods.. I could go and make them some food. They'd probably scream for meat, but they could go and buy a burger after they'd finish their plate in my place. 
I still can't believe I actually high-fived a hockey player from the States. Actually around twenty of them. FANGIRLING.
Oh hi quinoa. Nice to see you again. I almost forgot you when I was talking about hockey so much. But I still do love you. And so will lots and lots of people all around the world when they try making you. 

Resepti:
5 dl keitettyä quinoaa
2 porkkanaa, raastettuna
3 dl kaalia, raastettuna
1 sipuli, ohuina viipaleina
1/2 dl soijakastiketta
1 rkl fariinisokeria tai muuta ruskeaa sokeria
2 valkosipulin kynttä
2 rkl oliiviöljyä

Sekoita soijakastike, sokeri ja murskattu valkosipuli keskenään.
Kuumenna oliiviöljy pannussa. Paista kasviksia hetki pannulla, kunnes ne hieman pehmenevät ja lämpenevät (n. 2 min). Kaada sekaan quinoa ja sekoittele vielä minuutti. 
Sekoita joukkoon soijakastike ja anna maustua pannulla pari minuuttia.

Recipe:
2 cups quinoa, cooked
2 carrots, grated
1 cup white cabbage, grated
1 onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil

Combine the soy sauce, sugar and garlic. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the carrots, cabbage and onion. Saute until heated through (about 2 minutes).
Add the quinoa and keep stirring for one more minute. 
Mix in the soy sauce and serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment