3/15/2015

Suklaakeksineliöt / Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie (with a Secret Ingredient)


First, look at that oozing chocolate. Second, guess what the secret ingredient might be? 

I'll help you. It's something healthy. Something that might not come up to your mind at first. Something people don't usually use in desserts.

Still not quite there yet? Well.


Yes. Chickpeas! 

I'm not going to chatter about how I couldn't taste them at all and it was SO UNBELIEVABLY DELICIOUS (nor am I saying it wasn't unbelievably tasty, I just assume you guys know I won't post anything that tastes weird up here). But let me be honest with you. I'm always skeptic when it comes to healthy baking. Who wouldn't be? I mean, recipe that contains chickpeas CAN NOT be good, right? But trust me people. It was.


Even my brother AND my boyfriend (either one won't even taste most of my vegetarian/vegan things I make) ate these, didn't puke and actually told me they liked them! I'm 100 % sure anyone who likes traditional chocolate oatmeal cookies will like these too. Just don't tell them there are chickpeas and they'll eat them just like any other cookie. Trust me, I've tried it and it worked.

And even the cookie dough was delicious! It didn't smell (or look) very appealing but tasted almost just like real
not so healthy cookie dough.

I guess I don't have to tell you the fact I was very happy finishing the rest of the cookie dough all by myself with a spoon.. It was that delicious.
Recipe:

Author: Chocolate covered Katie
  • 2 cans (500 g total, once drained) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed very well
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 1/4 unsweetened applesauce
  • 3 tbsp canola oil
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (I used only 1 cup and it was still sweet enough)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Blend everything but the chocolate chips very well in a food processor (not a blender). Mix in the chocolate chips and pour into an oiled 10-inch springform pan.
  3. Bake the pie for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. 
  4. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Ainekset:
  • 2 tlk (yhteensä 500 g) kikherneitä
  • 2 1/2 dl kaurahiutaleita
  • 1/2 dl makeuttamatonta omenahilloa tms.
  • 3 rkl rypsiöljyä
  • 2 tl vaniljaa
  • 1/2 tl ruokasoodaa
  • 2 tl leivinjauhetta
  • 3 1/2 dl fariinisokeria 
  • 200 g suklaahippuja
Resepti:
  1. Lämmitä uuni 175 asteeseen.
  2. Sekoita kaikki muut ainekset paitsi suklaa monitoimikoneessa. Annoin monitoimikoneen pyöriä muutaman minuutin, mutta seos jäi silti hieman karkeaksi. Kannattaa siis sekoitella hyvä tovi, jos et halua sattumia.
  3. Sekoita joukkoon suklaahiput ja kaada öljyttyyn, 24 cm irtopohjavuokaan.
  4. Paista 35-40 minuuttia. Anna jäähtyä väh. 10 minuuttia ennen reunojen poistamista.

No comments:

Post a Comment